Save the Turtles Inc, a non-profit sea turtle conservation organization supports sustainable projects, especially community-based programs that enhance the lives of people in the habitat area. Our focus is providing grants for the salaries of turtle patrollers who protect nesting sea turtles at night from poachers. Your donation helps us support programs that save endangered nesting sea turtles, the eggs and hatchlings.
Sea Turtles – Help Us Save Turtles in 2014
Donate to Save Turtles: many options available such as a free personalized e-poster gift card to a special person when you donate in their name.
Be Our Green Alliance Partner: save marine turtles with our win-win opportunities for your business or benefit corporation.
Shop and Save Turtles: unique sea turtle designs, including our best seller, “Saving the Planet, One Turtle at a Time™” on t-shirts, tote bags, hoodies, gifts, I-pad covers, kids’ clothes, etc.
Your Donation Gift to Marine Turtles Helps Fund
- Salaries of local turtle guides trained to protect nesting marine turtles from poachers on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Project: Asociacion Salvemos Las Tortugas de Parismina.
- Expansion of beach protection for nesting sea turtles on Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. Project: Sea Turtles Forever.
- Rehabilitation/rescue tank for 2012 project on the Caribbean in Costa Rica. Project: Saving & Rescuing Sea Turtles, WIDECAST.
- Three day stay for Costa Rican students to experience sea turtle conservation on a beach near their village in 2011. Project: Ecology Project International.
- Materials needed for a new hatchery at a project in Costa Rica. Project: Programa Restauración de Tortugas de Marina.
- Emergency rescue of sea turtles in the United States in 2010 after the disastrous BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Project: Sea Turtle Restoration Project.
- Transport of oil-covered sea turtles to rescue tanks following the BP oil spill on the Gulf Coast. Project: Audubon Nature Institute in Louisiana.
Sea Turtle Conservation
Save the Turtles, Inc. originated as Save the Turtles of Parismina in 2001 when we began providing support to the community of Barra de Parismina, Costa Rica on the Caribbean Coast. We worked diligently with the local turtle association, Asociacion Salvemos Las Tortugas de Parismina and the community assisting them in developing a successful sea turtle conservation program as they provided protection to nesting Green Sea Turtles, Hawksbill Turtles and the greatly endangered Leatherbacks.
In 2007, we changed our name to Save the Turtles, Inc. to reflect our expanded mission, embracing more projects needing assistance, and by 2010, we allotted grants to a variety of amazing programs protecting sea turtles, their eggs and hatchlings in other critical marine turtle habitats.
Save the Turtles, Inc. is an organization exempt from U.S. federal income taxes under section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, and contributions are accordingly tax deductible.
Sea Turtles Are Global
Thank You for Caring